Thursday, June 20, 2013

Beginnings

I'm currently sitting on the UTA front runner, on my way to the SLC airport to fly home. But a week from today I'll be landing in London. Whaaat crazy. 

As a farewell to Provo for the next few months, there were a few things to do: ranging from Wednesday night soccer in Kiwanis park (this time around we had 22 people), to packing and moving, to saying goodbye to friends. Also on the checklist was picking up the coveted study abroad backpack, famed for the white seal of the world emblazoned on the back. The first time I wore the backpack, I could feel the seal burning through the bag and onto my chest. As I biked through campus on my way to work I heard the seal proclaim to the wandering EFY kids: "Sarah Kay is going to Europe!" 

Needless to say, the Kennedy center has done a pretty good job of creating a desirable stigma for their study abroad programs. 



Another item on the to do list was to show some love to the office. I love my job quite a lot, and I'm sad to be away for such a long period of time (but excited to come back as a better designer). So I may or may not have lovingly placed Swedish flag sticky notes all over the office. 



P&G, forgive me. Enthusiasm can't be curbed over here. 

The to do list, miraculously, was nearly completed before departing, and the 'to do in Virginia' list created. 

I think it's going to be a good trip. Though, it still doesn't quite feel real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment