Monday, October 20, 2014

Life now


Yeah, it's come to this.

Trying to keep things real. Sometimes life is hard, and it's okay to acknowledge that.

Honestly, it's not my favorite life-season right now. Mornings start with a bowel movement, tears and a bath, then a Disney movie while I cry and wait for the pain meds to kick in.

By the end of the movie I can usually manage to eat something, nap, or read while laying in bed. I'm pretty drowsy, which can be frustrating.

The day ends when the narcotics rub off late at night, and then it's more bowel movements, blood, tears, comfort from Derek, and Enya.

Pros: I've cruised through Totoro, Hercules, Mulan, Pocahontas, Tarzan, and The Prince of Egypt. On a roll here. Derek and I are also incredibly up to date with Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and The Colbert Report.

Cons: Recovering from rectal surgery sucks.


Cancer update: chemo will start soonish, but it depends on how well I heal from my hemorrhoidectomy. I'm scheduled to start chemotherapy on Oct. 28, but that might need to be postponed. Don't worry, I'll keep you updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment